IF YOU TRAVEL TO DALAT ALONE
If you love the soft beauty of Dalat and would travel alone, hope that this information below helps your trip is well arranged.
– From Hanoi:
+ By Air: It takes 1:40 – 2 hours flying from Hanoi to Dalat.
With Vietnam Airlines, there is one roundtrip flight per day and four times a week, at 1:30PM from Hanoi to Dalat and 11:00AM from Dalat to Hanoi on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
You can buy ticket by yourself online or through a travel agent, or possibly at the front desk of your hotel.
Cost: Around USD 300.00 for a round trip ticket
+ By Bus: It takes 22 – 24 hours driving from Hanoi to Dalat.
You can buy the tickets at Giap Bat bus Termnal at No.6 Giai Phong Street in Hanoi or at Nuoc Ngam Bus Terminal with Tai Thang Bus Company. You also can refer the famous bus grand in Hanoi is Sinh Café, office at 66 Hang Than St. You can buy tickets at the station, travel agencies, or at your hotel.
+ By Train: It takes 27 hours from Hanoi Railway Station to Nha Trang Station and about 3.5 hours from Nha Trang to Dalat. For the buses from Nha Trang to Dalat, there is Phuong Trang Express or Mai Linh Express for your reference.
– From Sai Gon: You can take a passenger car such as Thanh Buoi cars with 50 seats depart once every hour. Tel: 08.3830.8090 or Mai Linh Cars
Transportation in the city
– Motorbike renting: you can rent a motorbike in streets to Dalat market (Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street)
– Double bike: mostly at Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street or around Xuan Huong Lake or Bui Thi Xuan Street
– Carriage: Once coming to Dalat, you should take a carriage to tour around the city. You can take one at the T-cross near Thanh Thuy restaurant.
Hotels in Dalat are priced from USD 15.00. Three or four star hotels are located near Xuan Huong Lake. If you want to enjoy a more private space, a villa outside the city is highly recommended. Most of big hotels in Dalat offer special promotional programs on Christmas. You are advisable to make a reservation as soon as possible in case all hotels are fully booked during the festive season.
Specialities: Wine, hot soya milk, fresh fruits, vegetable, tea, flower and plan.
– Than Tho Lake: from Dalat city center, travel to Thai Phien – Chi Lang Street. The lake is situated in the pine forest with serene surface.
– Love valley: is one of the most romantic destinations in Dalat, about 6km from the city center in the Northeast
– Flower Garden: is located by Xuan Huong Lake with various types of flowers around
– Bao Dai Palace: includes three palaces of Emperor Bao Dai in the city
– Truc Lam Monastery: an extraordinary structure situated in Phung Huong mountain peak and surrounded by an immense pine forest with the turquoise Tuyen Lam lake in front.
– Tuyen Lam Lake: the largest fresh lake in Dalat located near Phung Hoang Mountain, about 6km from Dalat. The lake has many small oases and turquoise water.
– Langbian Mountain: or also known as Nui Ba Mountain is about 2,169m. It is a special destination for picnics, explorations of nature and local culture. From Langbian peak, you can look the panorama view of Dalat with villas, schools and churches with high bell tower.
Dalat features cool dew in the day and cold dew at night. Visiting Dalat in the Christmas time, you will feel like walking in the picture.
Tourist information on Vietnam is available on the http://www.evivatour.com/; buffalotours.com; amicatravel.com